To register students for classes, LCCC needs to assess students' skill levels in three key areas – English, math and reading. Admission to LCCC isn't based on these scores.
2016/17 LCCC placement protocols:
- Final high school cumulative GPA (within the past five years)* OR
- Math, Reading & English ACT scores (within the past five years) OR
- Reading & writing scores on the McCann College Success Exam, and score on the ALEKS Math Placement
- Previously earned college credit (subject to transcript evaluation by the Office of the Registrar)
*Current high school seniors can submit an unofficial high school transcript with their first semester grades to be considered for GPA placement prior to graduation.
Please note the following guidelines prior to testing:
- Students must submit an LCCC application before they take a placement test.
- Students must show a photo ID such as a driver’s license, passport, military ID, etc.
- Paper, pencil and calculator are provided. Students are welcome to bring their own calculator.
- Although there is no time limit, students should allow at least two hours to take the three placement tests.
- No placement test will be started the last hour before testing stops.
- An appointment must be made in advance for evening testing. Email the testing center, call 307.778.1105.
Please view the schedule of upcoming dates and times to take the McCann College Success and the ALEKS Math placement test.