TEAS Nurse Entrance Test
- Required to start first semester of nursing program
- Fee of $65.00. Pay at LCCC cashier. Bring receipt day of test
- Timed 3 hour test with 180 multiple choice questions.
- Overall score meet or exceed national mean. Currently overall score 65.6 AND reading score of 72.4 on same test
- Passing scores valid for 3 years.
- There is a 3 week waiting period between tests.
- Two tests in a twelve month period. (e.g., tested on 9/9/2018. Window until 9/9/2019 to take retest).
- If unsuccessful, there is a 1 year waiting period from the date of the last test.
- By appointment only. Email examlabFREELARAMIE OR call 307.778.1274 OR make appointment in person (Exam Lab: Clay Pathfinder Building, Room 119 on the Cheyenne campus)
- Photo ID (Government issued--driver’s license, military ID, passport, state ID) must be shown on the day of the test
- Computerized with immediate scoring.
- 4 subject areas: reading, math, science, and English
- Timer at top of screen.
- Answers left blank will be counted incorrect, so make a guess.
- Scratch paper and pencil provided. Calculator on screen
Number of Test Items
- Reading: Reading comprehension. Multi paragraph passages, charts, maps, labels, measuring tools, and directions.
- Math: Algebra, data interpretation, numbers (adding, subtracting, multiplication, division), measurement (metric, dimensions, weight and volume)
- Science: Human anatomy & Physiology (circulatory, nervous, digestive, respiratory, and immune systems), life & physical science, scientific reasoning
- English: Grammar, sentence structure, punctuation, spelling, and contextual words
No specific review guide recommended. Check the Internet, library, or bookstore for a review guide.