An Organizational Culture to Thrive in the Future
Build the organizational capacity to thrive in the future by focusing on establishing a climate of trust, an effective, efficient and entrepreneurial workforce, and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Implement a fresh, comprehensive model for new employee onboarding and initial orientation to the College.
- Continue progress towards establishing an employee recruitment process that incorporates strong search processes (e.g. search committee orientation, objective screening tools, clear channels of communication, etc.).
- Implement improved performance management systems for employee evaluation and development.
- Research and implement a new model for compensation of the different employee groups at the College.
- Implement an intensive first-year experience for new faculty that exposes them to the institution, and more importantly builds a foundational knowledge base to become excellent instructors.
- Create a continuous improvement academy through which ongoing professional development will be made available to all faculty to continuously evaluate and improve instructional effectiveness.
- Establish a defined and purposeful path to faculty promotion and advancement in rank.
- Develop a comprehensive institutional planning framework, accompanied by documentation guidelines for the levels of planning while utilizing technology-driven mechanisms for monitoring progress.
- Revamp the academic program review protocol to incorporate combined elements of traditional program self-study as well as performance evidence derived from indicator measures.
- Design a new protocol of the frequent review and analysis of the effectiveness of co-curricular programs or service areas to assess their performance and guide improvement practices.
- Develop needed policies and procedures pertaining to academic affairs, such as new program development and approval, degrees and certificates structure, general education, etc.
- Continue our work towards updating and adding new human resources policies and procedures to guide our employment structures, practices and relationships.
- Strengthen policies and procedures pertaining to college affordability, specifically looking at the development of these for student fee approval and review.